Thursday, June 5, 2008

There is a Time for Everything...

'Tis time for me to blog. About time. Being a pastor, each day brings a whole hosts of joys and challenges. In some ways its a roller coaster. There are days when one rides high with the joyful news of great blessings upon God's people, and then there are those other days when one carries the burdens of those who are experiencing the dark night of the soul. Who is equal to such a task? Only the one who lives in fellowship and dependency on God's Spirit, who does everything they can to forsake confidence in their own flesh and abilities. Sometimes I can do this well and sometimes I fail miserably. But there is no greater privilege than to be a worker in the vineyard of the Lord, watching Him build His kingdom and change human hearts. My prayer is that this blog will not only be a place to capture the joys of life, but that it will also be a place where God is worshipped and others are blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Dear, as you know, I have wanted to see you invest a bit of your time in writing for quite a while now. I love how your passion, heart, and sensitivity are shown through the words you write. I have no doubt that I, along with your future blog readers, will be blessed. To His glory!